Buy Inter-Varsity Folk Dance Festival (IVFDF) 2019 in Edinburgh Tickets
The Inter-Varsity Folk Dance Festival is coming to Edinburgh in 2019!
Come join us from the 1st-3rd March 2019 for a weekend of music and dancing.
There will be 10 wonderful bands just for your enjoyment, featuring a mix of local bands and bands from abroad, and mixing already very renowned bands with upcoming young stars:
- Bal Folk: Naragonia and No&Mi
- Contra: The Night Before and Hoik
- Scottish Ceilidhs: An Conasg and PointFive
- English Ceilidhs: Hekety and Monkey Box
- Mixed Ceilidh: Science Ceilidh Band
- Scottish Country: Matthew Maclennan Dance Band
You will also be able to attend many workshops, from a programme made of 50+ workshops covering dances, music, art, crafts, etc.
The venues will all be in the Old Town and Newington areas in Edinburgh, all roughly between Southside Community Centre and Pollock Hall.
The festival is entirely run by volunteers and we want to make folk dancing accessible, enjoyable and fun for all. We want to share our passion with as many people as possible, so we made festival passes very affordable. Indoor camping is also provided.